- UM Postdoc Earns National Research Service Award Feb 19, 2020
UM postdoctoral fellow Sascha Stump recently was awarded a three-year National Institutes of Health grant to investigate structural and kinetic properties of the enzyme Ric-8 and its interaction with G proteins.
- UM Named 2020-21 Military Friendly School Feb 14, 2020
UM has once again been named a Military Friendly School by a national ranking organization.
- UM Researchers Study How Birds Retweet News Feb 13, 2020
Every social network has its fake news. And in animal communication networks, even birds discern the trustworthiness of their neighbors, a study from UM suggests.
- UM Mansfield Library Designs New Accessible User Experiences Feb 12, 2020
After interviewing users about their experiences, UM's Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library has made changes to increase accessibility for everyone.
- UM Notes Spring Progress Toward Stabilizing Enrollment Feb 11, 2020
UM maintained the number of enrolled students from the fall to spring semester at the highest rate in a decade, indicating continued progress toward stabilizing enrollment.
- UM Archaeologists Partner with Businesses to Uncover Missoula’s Forgotten Past Feb 11, 2020
UM archaeology students and researchers have discovered artifacts in downtown Missoula that illuminate the lives of people from more than a century ago.
- UM Plans 3rd Annual Black Solidarity Summit Feb 06, 2020
The third annual Black Solidarity Summit at UM will feature Rachel Cargle, an activist, speaker and writer focused on race and womanhood.
- UM Awarded $20,000 for Women’s Entrepreneurship Feb 06, 2020
UM was awarded a $20,000 grant from the Wells Fargo Foundation to support female-centered programming for students and local individuals interested in learning more about women’s entrepreneurship.
- UM Seeks Partners for Second Annual Big Sky Experience Feb 05, 2020
UM will hold its second annual Big Sky Experience, a team-based immersion opportunity for new undergraduate students, at the beginning of fall semester 2020 and seeks community partners to help host it.
- UM to Host 103rd Foresters’ Ball Jan 31, 2020
Break out the flannel and work boots. The 103rd edition of the Foresters’ Ball will hit the University of Montana Friday and Saturday, Feb. 7-8.
- Community Lecture Series at UM to Focus on 19th Amendment Jan 30, 2020
In honor of the centennial of the Susan B. Anthony Amendment to the U.C. Constitution, the 2020 Community Lecture Series, hosted by the UM Alumni Association, will focus on American citizenship.
- Montana Tourism 2019: Nonresident Spending Down, Visitor Numbers Up Jan 29, 2020
About 12.6 million nonresidents visited Montana in 2019 and spent around $3.6 billion in the Treasure State, according to preliminary estimates by the Institute for Tourism and Recreation Research at UM.
- UM Team Accepted Into Techstars Accelerator Program Jan 28, 2020
Charmed, a Missoula-based startup company assisted by UM, has been selected for the prestigious Techstars Boulder Accelerator program, which accepts less than 1% of applicants.
- UM Partners With Montana Colleges For Online Social Work Program Jan 27, 2020
Applications will open Feb. 1 for the UM School of Social Work’s 2+2 Bachelor of Social Work Distance Program, which has continually expanded since launching in 2013 and now accepts new students every year.
- Astronomy Program at UM Recognized for Great Value Jan 27, 2020
UM recently was named one of the Top 25 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Astronomy for 2020 by Great Value Colleges.
- New UM Scholarship to Keep Adventurous Alum’s Legacy Alive Jan 24, 2020
UM incoming students now will have the opportunity to receive financial support to experience the wilderness the same way Bryson Allen did before his freshman year in 2014.
- UM Dance Program to Present Benefit Concert Jan 24, 2020
Student performances featuring original dance choreography will be held Friday and Saturday, Jan. 31-Feb. 1, at UM.
- UM Math Professor Earns Prize for ‘City of Numbers’ Elementary Lesson Jan 23, 2020
A UM mathematics professor has discovered a way to make prime factorization fun for elementary school students – earning him a national Rosenthal Prize for Innovation and Inspiration in Math Teaching.
- UM Journalism Student Wins National Recognition for Montana Ranch Documentary Jan 22, 2020
A UM journalism student received first place in the Hearst Journalism Awards – one of the most prestigious honors for college-level journalism – for his look into Montana ranching.
- UM’s Mansfield Library Eliminates Fines Jan 21, 2020
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Library at UM has eliminated most overdue library fines.